Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Wig Goddess!

This morning I had a MUGA scan at our main office location to check my heart function. One of the chemo meds that I will get can weaken the heart muscle so we have to make sure my heart function is normal to start this.  This was pretty uneventful. Just one more IV stick.
This afternoon I made an appointment to go see The Wig Lady. She should be called The Wig Goddess. I took my husband (who sat in the waiting room the whole time) and my sister in law, who is also my hairdresser(who helped tremendously). The wig goddess asked me a bunch of questions to start out about what I was looking for in a wig. I really had no clue. I knew I wanted something different than what I have. I didnt want to put on a wig intending to look exactly like I do now. It wouldnt look the same, or feel the same.  I wanted something different.  She brought out the perfect wig.  It was a long human hair wig (that was not cheap) that I can curl, straighten, braid and do all the fun things that my flat straight hair would never think of doing.  I also got a synthetic wig that is short and brown. It looks a lot like how I usually wear my hair but it isnt the same color. With a synthetic wig I cant use any heat to it and the #1 cause of death to a synthetic wig is opening the oven with your wig on.  Seriously!  One more reason for me not to cook. I felt much better and much more prepared to have chemo knowing that at least my hair would look good!
Dont worry, I didnt buy this red thing. But I couldnt leave without trying it on!!
This we will call Sassy Sara.
This we will call Simple Sara. (I think my husband likes this one the most.  It reminds him of when we started dating, only my hair was a little darker than this!)

2 comments:

  1. Love the new do's! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both cute! But I do think you should have gone with the red one!

    ReplyDelete