Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Return to work??

Today was my first day back at work. I started my morning with a phone call from my boss. She asked how well I had been eating and drinking (which wasnt good) and then gave me orders for what nausea meds she wanted me on, plus some more hydration.  I sat at my desk working, trying to get back in my groove until my hydration was done, then I gave up and went home.  I was too nauseated to try to sit at my desk. Before leaving the parking lot I had a little mini breakdown.  I know it sounds so stupid but I was so determined to get through my first day at work that I felt like a failure.  I felt like no one thought I could or should come back to work today and when I left early it felt like I was telling them they were right.  I cant explain how hard it was to leave work, knowing how badly I wanted to be able to stay.
I went home, took a 2 hour nap, ate, and felt a little better. I'm just going to have to put on my big girl panties and try this again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment