Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Bald and the Beautiful

I'm not going to sugar coat this and tell you that chemo isnt that bad.  It sucks. Really bad. I have not had a good meal in over a week and feel like Im starting to look like a Holocaust survivor. My eyes have dark circles under them and my cheeks are sunken in.  I look at old pictures of myself and wish I could be pretty again.
My hair is starting to fall out I think, or better yet I check 5000 times a day to see if it is coming out. I decided that I am tired of obsessing about it and I just want it gone. I dont want to wait until I can pull out handfuls of hair, and I definitely dont want my girls pulling it all out. I will be hard enough for them to see me with no hair, much less be the ones pulling it out. So, tonight my husband and I decided to shave our heads together.  My fabulous sister in law came over to cut it all off.  First we had a little intervention for her and gave her all of my maternity clothes. It was hard to get rid of them but I will never be wearing them again and its hurting my stomach to think about how uncomfortable she has got to be squishing that big baby bump into her regular jeans. So, off they go.  Bye bye cute belly shirts. Next up, a bunch of hair on my kitchen floor. 
I made my husband go first so that he wouldnt chicken out and so that I would be able to relax about it.  It's just hair. Who cares, right?  I thought I would be a lot more emotional about losing the hair but I really was to a point that I wanted it gone. I was going to be the one to decide what day I lost my hair, not that damn chemo. Sorry cancer, but I'm about to make you my bitch!
This is a picture from a few years ago. Before getting fat from babies and then getting skinny from chemo.
This is our before picture.
And our after picture.
This is my wonderful sister in law Angie.
This is Sassy Sara and her husband Pete Jr. Gary looks just like his dad did when he was younger! We laughed so hard at this!!
And this is Simple Sara and her husband El Kurto Cobaino.  Not his best look!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment