Monday, March 11, 2013

RIP Drains-I cant say it was fun, or that I will miss you.

Last Wednesday I saw Dr. Voge, the plastic surgeon and she removed 2 of my 4 drains. It felt almost wonderful. The other 2 drains were ready to come out the next day but I still wasn't feeling great and thought I could wait until today. 
My follow up appt with the fabulous breast surgeon, Dr Cusick, was today. I love her for taking out my last 2 drains. Now I can ditch this "fabulous" mastectomy bra and go without.  This bra has rubbed me the wrong way, literally.  My cleavage and under by foobs (fake boobs) is chaffed and it was so uncomfortable.  I feel like I can finally breathe.  Bye bye bra!!  Take your nasty drains with you!
I am starting to fit into my "skinnier" jeans and Im not minding it one bit.  I hear constant nagging from my husband though about eating.  Blah blah blah. He likes his ladies with curves. I am shedding mine and he will get over it. Its amazing how much better I feel.  I blow dried my hair, put on make-up and wore more form fitting clothes today, instead of my trusty T-shirt that hides the drains better. Im going to make the most of today-I feel great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment