Friday, March 1, 2013

Drain drain go away!

Good morning! I hope you all slept well. I did not.  I am a stomach sleeper.  That is not possible when you have a major surgery to your chest. Plan B-my sides.  Also not possible.  I have 2 drains coming out of each side.  Plan C-sleep on my back for a few hours and then get up early (around 5) to get my catheter out and take my first of many walks.  I think I walked about 4 times before they decided I was well enough to go home. My plan worked.
Now I get to take my favorite little pill Percocet again.  It is great for pain but makes me itch like a junkie looking for his next fix.  My entire body itches and I cant scratch any of it. Damn.  GARY!!!!!  I have played my "cancer card" very few times so far (my husband may disagree) but will be using it a bunch in the next week for back scratches.  I imagine it as a punch card.  Once I use it so many times I get free uses...for more back scratches. Sounds good, right??
This week's goal: find out a way to let people help me.  I have a hard time letting people do things for me that on a good day I could do for myself.  One of my fabulous patients set up a meal train for me for the next 2 weeks. This means that someone is bringing us dinner every night.  This was a big step for me accepting help.  We shall see how I do the rest of the time. 
These flowers were delivered from my good friend Angela Lawson.  I'm not minding being spoiled one bit!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers for a beautiful person! You deserved them!

    ReplyDelete