Monday, April 1, 2013

Look Good, Feel Better...or still nauseous.

I saw Dr. Truong on Friday and he sent me for a nasal swab on Saturday because of a nasty cough and runny nose that I have had for over a week. He wanted the results before my treatment today so I had to go to the hospital to do this.  The woman that did my swab asked how I was feeling and I told her that this cold is easy compared to the chemo that I was on. She told me that she was also a breast cancer survivor.  She told me many things that happened to her and things she had not planned on, like what happens when your nose hairs fall out. Well, your nose drips all day, thats what happens. Fun. It's amazing how people just pop in and out of your life, like little lessons, or little pieces of moral support. She gave me a lot of really useful information and then stuck a swab up my nose. I'm pretty sure that there might have been brain cells on that swab. Nice lady, but geez that did not feel good. Anyways, that swab came back positive for Rhinovirus, the common cold.  Since I feel ok, Dr. Truong let me have my treatment today.  (I would not have gone down without a fight! I have a life to get to!)  Since I was so nauseous last time, I came prepared.  I have Zofran, Ativan, Compazine, Scopolamine patches, and Sancuso patches. Chemo went fine, we shall see how the rest of the week goes.
Tonight I went to a "Look Good, Feel Better" class put on by the American Cancer Society. This class is supposed to teach women how to put on makeup when they have cancer. They show you things like how to make eyebrows when you have none.  There were four other women in my class (two of which were my patients, also).  It was nice to sit around and talk about what we are all going through, and have four people that understand. It was nice to get out of the house, but I'm already nauseous and ready for bed.  I think it's going to be a long week.

On a side note, today was my best friend April's 30th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment