Saturday, April 13, 2013

Gnarly Neon 5K

Before I was diagnosed I had signed up for my first 5K. I never got to run it, or walk it for that matter.  Before I started chemo I decided to sign up for a 5K to run with a group of my coworkers. We signed up for the Gnarly Neon. What better way to spend a Saturday than getting splattered with neon paint while running. Well...lets be honest. We ran for about 5 minutes total and walked the rest. I ran what I felt like I could, which was disappointing at best. But at least my posse walked with me, instead of leaving me in their dust.  We walked, and talked, and watched all of the other crazies that were out with us.
My plan is to continue signing up and running what I can, until I can run the whole thing.  This was a goal I had before cancer and cant see any reason why cancer should change this.  I have a vision of me and my little princesses spending the weekends at races getting in shape. Bring it on 5Ks. Im ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment